“PREHABILITATION,” is when a patient starts his or her own Journey to recover before the surgery or necessity of treatment begins. As Dr. Bramlett developed Prehabilitation it allowed patients to get stronger and educate themselves to understand the intricacies of their condition and improve the status of their comorbidities before surgery.
A key note is that the adult reconstruction total joint world by Prehabilitating our patients, Dr. Bramlett has been able to facilitate more efficient patient engagement, a weight-loss process to facilitate and improve outcomes for the patient, and address and process the comorbidities a patient may have (i.e. previous existing conditions) making the whole process of care effective and easier on the patient. It has led to national leading data, revealing low in instances of infection. Outpatient quick recovery and cost-effective outcomes for patients and provider.
Prehabilitation begins as soon as each patient is registered for care. Once the patient is engaged in the clinic process we begin a 4-phase set of educational exercises customized to their diagnosis and condition. The Prehabilitation (OHS) approach gives each patient started on their journey to recovery. The patient’s Journey begins before any procedures are performed and includes patient education, exercise, diet, and exercises for strengthening of their range of motion, knee, hip, foot/ankle and shoulder if necessary.
Alabama Minimally Invasive Surgery of the Knee, Hip & Shoulder
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. announces that it has entered into an agreement with Dr. Kenneth Bramlett and the MIS Orthopedic Research and Education Institute in Birmingham, Alabama, to enhance patient and surgeon education methods related to Zimmer Minimally Invasive Solutions (TM) (MIS(TM)) Procedures and Technologies.
OrthoHealth System™ Mobile Application
For over three decades, Kenneth Bramlett, M.D. has developed OrthoHealth System (OHS).
The OrthoHealth System™ is a mobile application developed by Kenneth Bramlett, M.D. It is an effective, and safe way to track real-time results of patients as they prepare for surgery, pre-surgical, post-surgery and rehabilitation stages and follows the patient with core support tool continually in order to be a educational resource for the orthopedic issue and injuries.
The OrthoHealth System™ is a software application that can be downloaded on your phone or computer. The OHS System provides benefit to both the provider and to his patients making it easier to learn quickly what might be your problem and take the steps needed to start your care path to recovery.
OrthoHealth System™ once downloaded to your cell phone records “a Patient’s Journey” from their initial physicians’ evaluation through surgery and ultimately back to an active lifestyle.
With the OrthoHealth System™ both the patient and Dr. Bramlett will be provided a real time “Digital Patient Profile” that quantifies the patient’s condition, experience and satisfaction.
- Provides a secure, recorded means to educate and communicate care to patients.
- Shortens time to identify cases needing intervention such as Imaging, PT and Surgery.
- Stratifies patients in real-time based on risk, engagement (adherence) and satisfaction to streamline case sequencing, reduce complications and predict when clinical staff interventions are needed.
- Provides more effective tools to provide digital informed consent, document surgical risk delivery, education and emphasize a partnership of wellness between doctors and patients.
- Manages Prehabilitation of the most common conditions shaped by each patient’s comorbidities, demographics, physical characteristics leading them to wellness.
- Provides 4 phases of both Prehabilitation and rehabilitation protocols for pre- and post-op self-directed success to make sure a recovery plan is in place and to provide the basic line of recovery in the post-surgical phase.